Furnace Maintenance in Ballwin, MO
Furnaces are easily forgotten fixtures of the home. That is, until they break down on a chilly night. Regular maintenance of the furnace in your Ballwin home can help keep you warm and cozy as the weather cools off. Moreover, regular maintenance can help detect minor problems before they can evolve into expensive repairs.
Do you have questions about your furnace’s health? Do you need furnace maintenance in the Ballwin area? Give us a call today at (314) 845-5900 or contact us online!
Signs of Furnace Failure
Most furnaces will alert homeowners that parts are wearing out and the HVAC system is about to break down. Blown fuses, tripped circuit breakers, sharp increases in utility bills, screeching and/or thumping noises, odd smells such as natural gas or burning rubber/plastic, and pilot lights that won’t stay lit are common indicators that components are failing.
When homeowners notice these signs, they should schedule a maintenance call as soon as possible. Problems that are not resolved can spread throughout the HVAC system and increase the complexity and cost of the required repairs.
Contact Metro Heating & Cooling at (314) 845-5900 to receive a free estimate and to discuss frequently reported signs of furnace failure in Ballwin, Lemay, Olivette, Paulina Hills, Sappington, and nearby Missouri communities.
Common Causes of Furnace Failures
There are three common causes of furnace failure. These include:
- Cracks in the heat exchanger. The process of heating and cooling air causes the heat exchanger to expand and contract. Over time, this process can lead to the formation of cracks.
- Rust and corrosion. Water vapor, carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxide, and sulfur dioxide combine within the system to create a highly corrosive environment. As parts corrode and rust, they will cease to function properly and diminish the operational efficiency of the unit.
- Dirt and debris. Dirt and debris can build up within the system. This can reduce airflow which increases strain on mechanical components as the unit. In turn, this reduces efficiency and accelerates wear and tear.
- Age. Furnaces contain numerous components that can wear out as time progresses. While regular maintenance can prolong a unit’s lifespan, most furnaces are designed to function for 15-20 years.
Contact Metro Heating & Cooling at (314) 845-5900 to receive a free estimate and to discuss common causes of furnace failures in Ballwin, Arnold, Chesterfield, Clayton, and surrounding communities.
Annual Furnace Inspections & Tune-Ups in Ballwin
Annual inspections can reduce energy bills, keep repair costs in check, and prolong the operational effectiveness of your furnace. During an inspection, our trained HVAC professionals inspect and perform necessary maintenance.
Our maintenance services include but are not limited to:
- Testing the thermostat
- Inspecting the heat exchanger for signs of cracks or corrosion
- Lubricating blower fans
- Testing and cleaning the pilot burner and flame rod
- Testing dampers and conducting air quality tests to ensure that carbon monoxide is not building up within the HVAC system
- Checking condensate pumps and lines
- Testing electrical connections and components
- Cleaning dust and debris from within the HVAC system
Call Today to Schedule Furnace Maintenance in Ballwin
Whether your furnace is getting older or it’s starting to show signs of wear and tear, give us a call!
Contact Metro Heating & Cooling at (314) 845-5900 to request an estimate and to discuss the specific maintenance requirements of your HVAC systems in Ballwin and the greater St. Louis area!