Furnace Maintenance in Ballwin, MO
Furnaces are easily forgotten fixtures of the home. That is, until they break down on a chilly night. Regular maintenance of the furnace in your Ballwin home can help keep you warm and cozy as the weather cools off. Moreover, regular maintenance can help detect minor problems before they can evolve into expensive repairs.
Do you have questions about your furnace’s health? Do you need furnace maintenance in the Ballwin area? Give us a call today at (314) 845-5900 or contact us online!
Common Causes of Furnace Failures
There are three common causes of furnace failure. These include:
- Cracks in the heat exchanger – The process of heating and cooling air causes the heat exchanger to expand and contract. Over time, this process can lead to the formation of cracks.
- Rust and corrosion – Water vapor, carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxide, and sulfur dioxide combine within the system to create a highly corrosive environment. As parts corrode and rust, they will cease to function properly and diminish the operational efficiency of the unit.
- Dirt and debris – Dirt and debris can build up within the system. This can reduce airflow which increases strain on mechanical components as the unit. In turn, this reduces efficiency and accelerates wear and tear.
- Age – Furnaces contain numerous components that can wear out as time progresses. While regular maintenance can prolong a unit’s lifespan, most furnaces are designed to function for 15-20 years.
Contact Metro Heating & Cooling to discuss common causes of furnace failures in Ballwin.
Annual Furnace Inspections & Tune-Ups in Ballwin
Annual inspections can reduce energy bills, keep repair costs in check, and prolong the operational effectiveness of your furnace. During an inspection, our trained HVAC professionals will:
- Change your home’s air filters
- Lubricate the furnace’s moving parts
- Check the condensate drain for debris
- Test and calibrate the thermostat
- Tighten electrical connections
- Clean the unit’s blower
- Examine fuel connections and gas pressure
- Inspect the unit for any leaks, cracks, etc.
- Check for efficient operation
- And more!
For furnace maintenance and inspections in Ballwin, MO and the surrounding area, call Metro Heating & Cooling at (314) 845-5900 or schedule a service call online.
Benefits of Annual Furnace Maintenance
With annual furnace inspections from Metro Heating & Cooling, you’ll get:
- Improved energy efficiency – A furnace in top shape doesn’t have to work as hard. In addition to better performance, you can also expect lower energy bills.
- Fewer furnace breakdowns – Regularly scheduled inspections allow small issues with your furnace to be found and fixed before they become major problems. For example, loose parts can be tightened before they become completely detached and damage other parts of your unit.
- Longer equipment lifespan – As with all major machinery, the better care your furnace receives, the longer it will keep your home cozy.
- Increase in home comfort – When your furnace runs as efficiently as possible, you’ll experience consistent temperatures throughout your home.
- Peace of mind – Inspections include checks for issues with your furnace that could be potentially hazardous. Regular maintenance ensures that your home and family are safe and sound.
Call (314) 845-5900 to Schedule Furnace Maintenance
Whether your furnace is getting older or it’s starting to show signs of wear and tear, give us a call!
Contact Metro Heating & Cooling at (314) 845-5900 to request an estimate and to discuss the specific maintenance requirements of your HVAC systems in Ballwin and the greater St. Louis area!