When to Get Your Furnace Inspected
As we’re right in the middle of the dog days of summer, it’s difficult to remember that fall will be here in just one short month. As the cooler days approach, it becomes more important to remember something else: scheduling your annual furnace inspection.
When it comes to furnace maintenance in the St. Louis, MO area, most people have the same questions. When do I have my furnace inspected? What happens during a furnace inspection? And, why should I even worry about furnace maintenance? The closer fall gets, the more important it is to know the answers!
When to Schedule Your Annual Furnace Inspection
Many homeowners wonder when the best time is to have their furnaces maintenanced. Should you schedule an appointment before or after your system works hard to keep your house warm all winter?
Think about it like this: you prepare for the chilly season by “winterizing” your home. Having your furnace inspected in the fall is just one step in getting your home ready for the cold. Set up a reminder that ensures you schedule your furnace’s annual inspection. This way, you’ll know that your unit is ready to keep you cozy when winter hits.
What’s Included in My Furnace Inspection?
Furnace inspections are essential for making sure your home stays comfortable during the colder months. And, so much more happens during a maintenance appointment than a simple “wipe down.” To get your furnace ready for winter, an expert HVAC technician will:
- Do an overall check for efficient operation
- Inspect the system for leaks, cracks, or other damage that needs repair
- Ensure the thermostat settings are correct or properly calibrated
- Clean the furnace’s blower to make sure it runs smoothly
- Check the unit’s condensate drain and clear it of any debris
- Examine fuel connections and gas pressure to ensure the unit’s safety
- Lubricate your furnace’s moving parts to prevent friction
- Tighten all electrical connections to promote safe operation
- Change your home’s air filters to promote airflow and cleaner air
Benefits of Regular Fall Furnace Maintenance
After all the points of a furnace inspection are complete, you can expect:
- An increase in energy efficiency
- A decrease in furnace breakdowns
- A unit with a longer lifespan
- Improvement in your home’s overall comfort
- And, peace of mind knowing your unit is running smoothly and safely
Furnace Inspections & Maintenance in Fenton, MO
Now you understand the importance of fall furnace inspections, but who are you going to trust for service?
The experts at Metro Heating & Cooling have been helping homeowners in Fenton, MO and the surrounding area prep their homes for winter for over 25 years now. Our dedication to top quality work and excellent customer service guarantees that you’ll be 100 percent satisfied with your furnace’s performance after one of our full furnace inspections.
Give us a call at 314-845-5900 or contact us online to schedule your St. Louis County home’s fall furnace inspection!